Saturday, December 13, 2008

Essay: Our Life with Computers


Computer is very useful! We can research almost everything on the Internet, listen to music, communicate with many people... there are many things which we can do with computers! And also we can learn with computers! Also I learn with computers. So today I'll talk about what I learned with computers.

First I'll talk about 'challenges.' When I use computer, there are many difficult things. In writing class, we have own blog, so we often use computers. But it's difficult for me because I can't use computer well. Computer has many many functions, and it puzzles me. But my teacher and friends teach me how to use computers. So I can use computers well than before. This is challenge things for me.

Second is 'communication.' I can communicate with many people through the Internet. Now I join mixi, and I've made many friends who live all over Japan. I never meet them, but I like them! They are kind, and I can enjoy interchange mail with them. If there wasn't computers or Internet, I thought that I wasn't able to become friends with them! I appreciate computers. Also I communicate with many people through writing class. I often visit to other class student's blog, and leave some comments. And also someone who I don't know visits to my blog and leave comments. Only occasionally foreign people come to my blog. I think that it’s good communication!

Third is about 'information.' In the Internet, there are much information! Infinite information!!! We may be able to know everything if we use Internet! I also appreciate Internet. I always use Internet to look over something I need when I do my assignment. Internet is very useful for study! And I use Internet for daily life. For example, I often use cooking recipe site to know how to cook. I learn about cooking from the Internet. I have other example. When my favorite soccer player, Inamoto, lived in England, I often visit English sports news site to know about him. It was written in English. But I didn't like reading English, so it was difficult for me to read. But I was happy because I was able to got information which wasn't written in Japanese sports news site.


Fourth I'll talk about 'useful applications.' I often use Power Words to learn vocabulary. I think that it is very useful applications! I can learn vocabulary while I'm enjoying. Also Power Words has sound function, so I can learn correct pronunciation! Since I started Power Words, I got a large vocabulary, I think. And other useful application I think is online typing practice. I like typing, but I want to type faster. So online typing practice is very useful for me!


As a conclusion, I'll talk about my opinion. In our life, we often use computers. And computer is important part of our life. We can know everything you want to know. I can't imagine there aren't computers! Using computer is difficult thing, but it's also useful thing. I hope that I can use computer better than now and I learn many thing.



(535 words)

No comments: